Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Help for Hurricane Recovery

I just received a note from my colleague, Lourdes Rodriguez, who wrote:

These will be tough holidays for everyone affected by hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria and the California wildfires.  Keep folks affected in your thoughts this holiday season
Here is an op-ed on the topic of effective and JUST recovery that I co-authored with my colleague Mindy Fullilove.

Here’s how to learn more and help organizations on the ground working on recovery:
·        Centro para el Desarrollo Politico Educativo y Cultural runs social eateries (comunal meal sites) https://www.facebook.com/cdpec/
·        Organización Boricuá de Agricultura Ecológica promotes sustainable organic farming
The end of the holiday season doesn't mean the end of the suffering, but we do tend to turn our attention to the next terrible thing.  I've been thinking about New Year's Resolutions.  So far so good on mine, but maybe I can add "once a week, remember the injured"?


No comments: